Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Highlight symbol usages in current file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fmike Posted - Oct 22 2004 : 02:36:50 AM
Sometimes to track variable/method usages in current scope (function) it could be very useful to make this symbol highlighted. The highlighting could be turned off by 'Esc' press in editor
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 19 2006 : 4:53:01 PM
Highlight references is available in build 1524.
feline Posted - Oct 23 2004 : 2:22:24 PM
i was keeping the "highlight in all files" request as a surprise! still, it is good to hear you are looking at this
support Posted - Oct 23 2004 : 1:31:06 PM
We have a half-done, interal feature to highlight all references. The problem is not just with background color; it's with edge cases. Symbols defined using preprocessor macros, and heavy use of preprocessor macros in cpp files, make it difficult to be absolutely sure we have all occurrences.

Joe is right in mentioning "Find Next in Conext." It's just we know how to fool the feature. If we make it more accessible, i.e. via "highlight all," we need to fix some things. And you know "highlight in all files" would be the next request.

All this said, we'd like this feature ourselves.
feline Posted - Oct 22 2004 : 3:39:53 PM
this gets requested every now and then, and i also would love to see it happen. if the background is to hard to change, which does sound familiar, then how about making all instances bold, and in a specific (user definable) colour. so long as you pick a distinct colour this should work nearly as well.

case=394
LarryLeonard Posted - Oct 22 2004 : 2:34:55 PM
I like the idea too, but I seem to recall the boys saying that controlling the background color of the edit window was well-nigh impossible...
jpizzi Posted - Oct 22 2004 : 1:46:12 PM
This sounds useful at times. But, isn't that what the Find Next in Scope and Find Previous in Scope are for?
Stephen Posted - Oct 22 2004 : 03:30:32 AM
I like this idea.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000