Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Only parse projects includes?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
squidge Posted - Mar 23 2006 : 6:04:42 PM
Just wondering if there will ever be an option to only show symbols from files #include'd from a project? For example, if a project only has a single '#include "myinc.h"' in a single C/c++ file called mysrc.c, VAX will then only show the symbols (I mean functions, #defines, structures, etc) from this header file and mysrc.c, and not any system includes such as as windows.h ?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 29 2006 : 1:28:49 PM
unfortunately this imidiately stops people using VA to get help on library classes until they add the correct header file. telling all of our users to press CTRL-SPACE twice is not going to go down terribly well.

VA is designed to suggest common symbols as you type, the listboxes with the question mark icons. if you have a fairly small number of local variables you should find these suggestion listboxes suggest the right thing after 2 or 3 characters nearly all of the time. certainly this is my experience.
squidge Posted - Mar 29 2006 : 06:00:00 AM
I'm thinking about the case when you forget the name of a global or local variable, so type some of it and press the shortcut key, only to get a list of about 20,000 symbols, which includes all of the similar symbols from windows includes files, instead of just the ones of relevance.

Maybe it could be that if the option existed and was enabled, the first time you press CTRL+SPACE, it only shows symbols from the current files and included files, and if pressed a second time, it would show all symbols (ie, the current behavior).
Sasa Posted - Mar 23 2006 : 7:34:45 PM
i don't think i will be using that option even if it existed. The reason being is that lets say sometime I didn't include a header file yet, but I want to call a function, or just get the syntax of it, VAX is great for that. As long as the guess it propose to me favor local symbols vs global ones, I am a happy camper.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000