Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Make Ctrl+O more smart

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Left Posted - May 07 2006 : 08:32:11 AM
Guys, you've already implemented a great feature - switching between h and cpp files. It simplifies a code navigation a lot. Let me suggest to make this feature more smart. It will be cool to allow the user to add "file pairs" to be switched. For example, I'd like to switch between .html and .js files. Also, some of my .h and .cpp files has a different names. Allowing me to store permanently "tips" for Ctrl+O will simplify my work a lot.

Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 31 2006 : 2:38:54 PM
looks like forum spam, so i have deleted the posts i found.
feline Posted - May 10 2006 : 2:29:47 PM
MRU is useful when you are working on a small number of files out of a much larger project. if the files are currently open then this does overlap with CTRL-TAB, but the problem with CTRL-TAB is it does not work so well when you have 10 or 20 files open at once.

VA does a lot to help with quick code navigation, but there are limits. some feature requests really are asking for an entire new product.

what you are asking for here falls into a grey area. arguably this is a logical extension to what VA already does, but the problem is you are asking to setup "n" pairs of known file extensions. this goes from being a small and simple feature and turns into something that suddenly requires options and to be configured.

have you looked into the VSHelper macro? i have not used it myself, but the code is quite straight forward and it is a simple matter to simply add the file extensions you want to the macro code.
Left Posted - May 10 2006 : 09:22:24 AM
Thanks for your response.
But I don't understand how MRU can help me. I don't want to switch between most recently used files, I can always use Ctrl+Tab for this action. Macro from codeproject also does not looks too professional :(. Writing special plug-in to support only smart switching between files is not looking as a good idea. One of main VisualAssist goals is quick source code navigation, isn't it? I thought this feature could be useful.
rhummer Posted - May 07 2006 : 12:15:28 PM
Support has stated that it will only work with .h and .cpp files.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/mru.html?more=yes

They suggest using hte MRU in the VA Class view or you can use a macro

http://www.codeproject.com/macro/VSHelper.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000