Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Symbols list

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SnowBoy Posted - Jun 06 2006 : 04:32:50 AM
It's possible to add a shortcut to get all the symbols defined in the file, class or method without tapping a char?

Sometimes I don't remember the name of all the symbols defined, especially when I put the hands on class that I left behind for a while. Therefore I've to check the contents of the file (with the VA View, for example), and hence I've to move the mouse somewhere (and I wouldn't do that, if possible).

With this feature all the symbols will become visible, and the tooltips help to remember why they are defined.

Thanks.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SnowBoy Posted - Jun 09 2006 : 02:49:21 AM
I was so absorbed of my suggestions that I didn't think to use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy the symbol...

The Find Symbol utility in addiction to the VA Viewer (I appreciated it's power only in the last days; before I used it only few times because I doesn't understand it) give a great help and does exactly what I need.

Thanks for the time you spent for me... and for the great piece of software you developed.

feline Posted - Jun 08 2006 : 3:07:38 PM
FSIW is designed to filter down the list, not as a code browser, which is what you are looking for. using a few short string with spaces between them is the best way to get the list down to a sensible size.

what is the advantage of copying the text for the current item? just press enter and you are taken straight to it, at which point you can copy it from the editor.
SnowBoy Posted - Jun 08 2006 : 04:00:53 AM
The Find Symbol utility works right; I've only to get used to use it.

Sometimes, however, the list is really long. Then it could be helpful (I think) to filted all the symbols by type (to make shorter the list itself), as shown in the follow image:

It's possible to add also a "copy symbol" button to copy the symbol name in the current location of the carriet?
feline Posted - Jun 07 2006 : 3:05:43 PM
i am still not sure i understand the question. does FSIW seem to do what you want?
SnowBoy Posted - Jun 07 2006 : 03:31:18 AM
My question was about the same buttons used in the dropdown list (filter by class, symbol or public, private...).

However, I never noticed the real power of the Find Symbol utility. It's really useful.

Thanks.
feline Posted - Jun 06 2006 : 2:46:07 PM
my description of how to use this filtering is here:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4238
rhummer Posted - Jun 06 2006 : 10:50:08 AM
Well you can filter down the list by enterning multiple terms, makr sure you click the [Show Details] link on that page to get more expliation on what the feature can do :)
SnowBoy Posted - Jun 06 2006 : 09:43:44 AM
Yes and no

The problem is that I always have to scroll the list (that could be very long - it's possible to add a feature to filter the contents of the list?) to find the right symbol and I canno't read the tooltips that describe the symbol.

However, the Find Symbol utility helps

Thanks.
rhummer Posted - Jun 06 2006 : 09:23:59 AM
Wouldn't the Find Symbol In Workspace dialog do what you are looking for?

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/siw.html

Or I may just be misunderstanding what you want. :)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000