Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Ideal opportunity to market "better" Intellisense

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lucis0327 Posted - Jun 19 2006 : 4:58:02 PM
Check this out... you need to put up a parody of this list showing how much better VisualAssist is.

http://www.doitwith.net/PermaLink.aspx?guid=fe56e809-1ec6-40e3-bea0-229f30aabf9f
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 12:49:06 PM
having read the link i think he makes some interesting points, but having used, and relied on VA's autotext feature for ages i find the suggestion that an autotext like feature is to distracting to use simply staggering.

i do find his comment about filtering to show members in the base class, or two classes rather interesting, but i wonder how often that will really help. i can think of some cases where it is a brilliant idea, but is it useful enough that i would actually bother to use it? i already have non inherited members shown first and in bold turned on, and don't always pay attention to either, since i half remember the name of the function i wish to call *shrug*
bugfix Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 12:40:50 PM
heh.. this is just autogenerated spam:)
feline Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 12:30:01 PM
what is he complaining about? the future already exists, it is called VIM! surely CTRL-N and CTRL-P are all you need?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000