Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Several Find References Windows

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
damned Posted - Jul 02 2006 : 07:05:32 AM
At least two as for find results in VS7

More is much better )
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 01:45:46 AM
case=1182 is implemented in Build 1614
feline Posted - Sep 30 2006 : 1:27:00 PM
i have updated the case with this. i can see how multiple find results, combined with locked tabs could be very useful indeed
support Posted - Sep 29 2006 : 8:11:50 PM
at5dapa1 Posted - Sep 29 2006 : 02:48:27 AM
CodeWright has 5 search tabs, and it is using them circularly. This "search-history" plus the "auto-incrementing" is what I would call "powerful features"! It is why I've been using CodeWright from more than 6 years. I didn't see this on any other IDE.

I have set F12 as keyboard accelerator, and Ctrl+RClick as mouse accelerator. Just clicking on a symbol and using one accelerator will start searching in the next tab.

You can do it, I know it's just a matter of time. You already made the "Find References" and for the moment it looks great.

As additional improvements (what I miss) would be:
- possibility to lock some tabs and reuse only unlocked tabs
- more tabs
- shorter names for tabs, or just one tab Search with subtabs called 1, 2, 3, ..., (like WndTabs).

Best regards,
Daniel
feline Posted - Jul 08 2006 : 2:13:13 PM
i have the feeling you have posted this to the wrong thread

idea 1 - i have the feeling this is going to run into some serious problems under some conditions. what happens when it is a common base class, which has 50, 60, 200 classes derived from it? i work on code like this, and the base class is one of ours, not even a 3rd party library class.

idea 2 - we have already taken the design decision to place the body into the header file most of the time, to avoid modifying to many files.

having said that, i am wondering about a variation of the parameters suggestion box you get when manually typing the function implementation into a cpp file.

there are two separate concepts here, the function name, and the function parameters.

this needs a bit of thinking about.
drzoom Posted - Jul 07 2006 : 04:48:40 AM
I have some ideas how to implement the "ovverride" refactoring functionality without interavice dialogs. I refer to this situation:

class A {
public:
int getMethodA() const = 0;
int getMethodB() const = 0;
};
class B, public A {
};
class C, public B {
};
class D, public A {
};

Idea 1

In the "menu" for the pure method "getMethodA" in class A, I find the entries "Implement this method >". And as submenu, I find "...in class B", "in class C", "in class D".

Classes where already implement this method aren't listed in the menu.

On a click, the method declaration and implementation body is genarated.

Idea 2

When I start typing "getMeth..." in class B, in the list of suggestions I find "implement getMethodA". If I select this entry, the method declaration is inserted at the current position, and the implementation body is generated in the cpp file.

support Posted - Jul 02 2006 : 11:18:57 AM
Note that the results of a completed find can be restored without restarting a search. Simply return to the Find References Results window.

In Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or .NET, select Find References Results from the VAssistX menu (Alt+A, T, F). In Visual C++ 6.0, customize your IDE menu or toolbars to include VisualAssistXFindReferencesResults
rhummer Posted - Jul 02 2006 : 10:33:44 AM
Already been requested ;)

case=1182

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000