Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Shortcuts with special chars/ More colors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ralf0815 Posted - Jul 03 2006 : 01:30:55 AM
For generating doxygen comments I defined a suite of shortcuts beginning with -? (#x00A7) e. g. -?p for @param. When ever I try to use this shortcut within a comment shortcut expansion is not offered:

/**
bla bla bla.

-?p <- nothing happens

*/

So, I don't know whether this behavior is a bug or a feature.

Now here is the desired feature request:

Assume I have the following function:

void f(int aaa)
{
int bbb=42;
}

It would be nice when I can adjust Visual Assist in that way that the calling arguments (aaa here) can have another color then the local variables defined inside the function.

I have got just a further idea:

Assume the following function:

void g(int aaa)
{
int ccc,ddd,eee;

{
int aaa,ccc,fff;
}

}

aaa and ccc should have a further color due to they overwrite the items declared before.

For better distinguishing the different objects further properties can be used: underlineing, italic, bold...
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 03 2006 : 5:12:48 PM
try the 1526 beta

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4864

this has the refactoring document method. this allows you, via editing the autotext entry, to set up a doxigen format comment block for your functions, which you can then simply trigger.

if you want a comment on the shortcuts you have added you are going to have to explain what you are talking about. the description does not sound like a VA feature, unless you are talking about autotext, which is not active in comments.

the extra colouring, try turning on local variables in bold.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000