Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 sugg: "Encapsulate Fields (read only)"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peterchen Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 10:38:32 AM
Would be a nice addition to have only a getter added for a property.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 13 2012 : 3:18:53 PM
As a temporary work around you can set up two different VA Snippets for the Refactor Encapsulate Field snippet, as explained here:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7024

so you can change between getting both the getter and the setter, and just the getter.
StefanEgo Posted - Feb 13 2012 : 04:05:33 AM
I just ran into this today when I tried to make use of the refactoring method for the first time. What I'd suggest is that in the dialog "Make VA Snippet substituations" would let you choose whether to create a getter, a setter or both. Atm it's quite a lot of manual tweaking to get the refactoring feature to only add a getter, for me resulting in manually adding the function being a lot faster than using VAX' refactoring tool.
feline Posted - Aug 12 2006 : 3:17:49 PM
if i understand correctly then you could try leaving the autotext entry alone and pressing CTRL-SHIFT-L while on the unwanted function. this will delete the entire line, leaving you with the single function you wanted.
rhummer Posted - Aug 10 2006 : 1:09:29 PM
Actually I would like this too. It would be a pain to have to keep channging the autotext..

case=2026
peterchen Posted - Aug 10 2006 : 10:39:43 AM
But I would like to have both! :)
feline Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 8:08:59 PM
look for the VA Autotext entry "Refactor Encapsulate Field". you can edit this to change how Encapsulate Field works, so you should be able to change it to only insert a getter.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000