Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 auto-add include files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rtbunker Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 12:20:16 AM
A cool feature in many java ides is the ability to automatically add imports for referenced files.

The analog in C++ would be to automatically include files for symbols that are not defined. The annoying thing is that when i use a class,enum,struct, etc... that hasn't been included i have to remember what file it's in and go add it to the includes.

I don't know if this is possible with the information you have, but it would really help because it's probably the largest number of errors that i have to fix, and it's iterative. i add one include, recompile, add the next, etc...

As a bonus, you could offer to alphabatize (or otherwise organize) the include files also.

The super bonus feature would be to remove an include file for which nothing is referenced in the current .cpp file.

thanks,
:)ross

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:39:01 PM
case=226 is implemented in build 1715
Hover over an unrecognized symbol and choose "Add include xxxx" from the refactoring context menu.

feline Posted - Aug 12 2006 : 3:50:37 PM
the idea to suggest missing #include lines has come up before:

case=226

you can already sort your #include lines, just select them and use VAssistX -> tools -> sort selected lines

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000