Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VC++ 6 Code Collapsing

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dejangex Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 6:02:39 PM
Like the subject says this would be a great thing to add to VA because that is the only disadvantage of MSVC++ 6 comparing to the new IDEs. You could add checkbox like "Enable code collapsing" so the people who dont like can turn it off.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 14 2006 : 6:07:42 PM
i don't think so, it is not in the list of supported IDE's on our home page http://www.wholetomato.com/
dejangex Posted - Aug 14 2006 : 1:02:14 PM
Yeah, about that, where the support for VB 6?
jpizzi Posted - Aug 13 2006 : 6:23:59 PM
Remember, though, that the Express Editions do not support add-ins such as Visual Assist. So, if you want to stay with the free environment, I'm afraid you'll have to do without VA.
rhummer Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 11:10:11 PM
Correct, with the express edition you must install the Platform SDK, which you can get here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en
kevinsikes Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 10:49:34 PM
IIRC, Microsoft provides a separate download for the Win32 Platform SDK that you can integrate with Visual C++ 2005 Express edition to code against Win32 instead of managed .NET code only.
dejangex Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 8:25:59 PM
I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. How do I compile to native executables?
rhummer Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 7:29:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dejangex

Theres a lot of people still using VC++6 because they dont like managed code and they would be very grateful(even if they had to pay :)).

You don't have to use managed code in VS.NET 2002/2003 or 2005. Its a compile option. I don't see how that is a reason to stay with VC6..
support Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 7:00:27 PM
One big problem is we don't have enough control of VC++ 6.0 to implement code collapsing. It's simply not an option.
dejangex Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 6:57:57 PM
Yes I understand it only affects one IDE so it doesnt pay off to do it. But I thought this was founded because you wanted to help people and do "improvements to existing development environments". Ive read somewhere that they call this project "programers help to programer". I have a suggestion: Why not make a separate addin for VC++6? It could even be free, but it doesnt have to. It would promote you because everyone that would be getting this new addin of yours would have a chance to learn of the features of VA which is not that well known. Many people havent heard of VA and they dont know its features so that would do you good. Theres a lot of people still using VC++6 because they dont like managed code and they would be very grateful(even if they had to pay :)).
rhummer Posted - Aug 11 2006 : 6:06:49 PM
Already been requested and as support says here its not in our feature list to implement.

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4930&SearchTerms=folding

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000