Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 How 'bout custom syntax highlighting?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mantaray Posted - Aug 21 2006 : 3:20:53 PM
I would like to be using visual studio to edit certain source files which are not natively supported. Say for example my own in-development script language, or the people which use Lua and other script languages. What I would like is at least the same support for custom highlighting as the editor EditPlus.

What do you think?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 23 2006 : 1:34:02 PM
if the hlsl are a lot like C++ then you could simply add them to VA's list of known extensions for C++, see point 5 here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/faq.asp

you may be able to fix minor differences by adding #define lines to:

C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X\\Misc\\StdAfx.h

beyond this, it is unlikely we will try to add custom support any time soon, if ever.
galopin Posted - Sep 18 2006 : 09:22:24 AM
And a support for hlsl files (gpu shaders language)? their complexity increase very quickly and the advantage of visual assist would be great for this language ( c++ with more built in type and some new call parameter semantics)

are anyone a 3D progammer her ?
feline Posted - Aug 21 2006 : 6:15:10 PM
if all you want is for certain keywords to be highlighted as keywords then adding them to the "usertype.dat" file is probably the best solution

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxtskDefiningKeywordsInVisualC.asp

if instead you are looking for full blown support for new languages then the answer is going to have to be no, at least for now. we already have a lot of work simply keeping up with several IDE's and all of the quirks of C++, C# and VB.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000