Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Link to IDL files from CPP

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peck797 Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 07:26:20 AM
Does Alt-G understand that a C++ method in a class derives from an interface that is originally declared in an IDL file?

So, if I hit Alt-G when in C++, do you expect it to offer me a choice that includes the IDL file entry as well as the C++ header etc?

It doesn't do this for me but I'm not sure if this is my machine playing up again or whether it's not supported :)

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peck797 Posted - Nov 20 2006 : 7:28:31 PM
This isn't happening any more with 1540. Problem fixed :)
peck797 Posted - Sep 11 2006 : 05:35:49 AM
VAX has now started jumping to the coclass definition in the IDL file, when I hit Alt-G on the CPP implementation. It isn't jumping to the declaration in the header file, as I deduce should be happening from your comment.

I know that there are wacky things about VAX on my system but, in the light of your comment, it seems strange that VAX should be capable of understanding that:

STDMETHODIMP MyCollection::get_Count(/*[out, retval]*/ long *value)
{
}

derives originally from:

coclass MyCollection
{
[default] interface IMyCollection;
};

when I hit Alt-G with the caret somewhere in the word "MyCollection" in the CPP file.

It's why I asked the question in the first place. I was sure that I had VAX doing this at one point and, though it stopped for a while, it's now back doing it again.

Weird, but probably another one for the "reinstall-Windows" solution, once I get past this damn deliverable deadline!
peck797 Posted - Sep 06 2006 : 1:38:51 PM
OK, thanks for the confirmation
sean Posted - Sep 06 2006 : 1:30:20 PM
Alt+g will not list base class methods that a derived class has overridden (when alt+g is invoked on the derived class method).
Alt+g on an interface defined in an IDL/ODL file will go to the header file created by MIDL, not the original IDL/ODL file.
peck797 Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 3:52:36 PM
OK. Maybe that explains why VAX doesn't understand them! You only get into these things when you play with COM and similar technologies.
feline Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 3:49:38 PM
i don't actually know, partly because i am not entirely sure what an IDL file is. the extent of my knowledge is this thread:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4432

which doesn't actually help all that much

i will ask support and see if they have any ideas.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000