Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 jumps and references suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gmit Posted - Sep 15 2006 : 05:46:54 AM
Four more or less simple suggestions:

1. In find references dialog, a reference can be selected only by clicking text, not by clicking on white area on the right (within the same ROW); It would be better if the control would react on the whole width since that window (probably) often quite wide.

2. In VC6, find references window covers build/output/etc tabs, which is not a problem, but, there isn't an obvious way to close it! Later I've discoveder that pressing the ESC key does the trick, but, that's not very convenient.

3. I'm not sure if it would be useful, but, here is an idea - in autocomplete list, when you go down past the last item, selection could jump to the first one (and vice versa).

4. I often have following construction:
extern void aa();
aa();
while aa is actually defined in other file. If i put cursor on second aa and press 'Goto', I will end up on extern, not on the real implementation. At least, a list should open and offer me such possibility.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 30 2006 : 12:22:34 AM
Case 2548 is fixed in 1540.
support Posted - Oct 12 2006 : 6:59:21 PM
Case 2549 is fixed in 1539.
feline Posted - Sep 16 2006 : 4:13:04 PM
point 1 is sensible:

case=2548

point 2 is also sensible:

case=2549

point 3, this has come up before. for suggestion listboxes (question mark icons) they are designed to disappear when you roll off the bottom or top, to stop them getting in the way.

in contrast completion listboxes (CTRL-SPACE) stay put when the mouse reaches the top or the bottom, but they support Home, End, Page Up, Page Down.

point 4, i have just tested this in both VC6 and VS2003, with VA 1535, and alt-g does offer me a list, showing both the real implementation and the extern declaration line. the only time i did not get the list was just after i had entered the code, so VA had not had time to catch up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000