Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Refactoring gets in the way

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ivo Posted - Sep 24 2006 : 12:43:34 PM
Hi

I just downloaded the latest version of VAX (1535). It is the first one with refactoring I'm trying.

My first impression is that the refactoring button gets in the way too often. For example when debugging I hover over a variable to get the value, and there's the refactoring. Or during editing I hover over a function to get the parameters, and there it is again.

How about an option to disable to refactoring popup? The functionality is still accessible from the context menu and the main menu.

Also when I tried to refactor a symbol Visual Studio tried to check out the file. I told it "No", but VAX continued with the rest of the changes. How about after the first change in each file verify if it was successful and if not, offer an option to abort the refactoring.

Regards
Ivo
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arnt Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 09:02:54 AM
Thanks, I didn't know shift + right-click made a difference here too.
feline Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 09:01:10 AM
There is a refactoring sub-menu in the Shift + Right click menu. We do not attempt to modify the IDE's right click menu.
Arnt Posted - Dec 08 2006 : 05:52:33 AM
Are the refactoring options supposed to be in the right click menu in Visual Studio 2003? They're not for me (built 1540), but I tried to save my customisations when installing, so perhaps I put somehting too much back...
support Posted - Nov 24 2006 : 9:21:21 PM
Disable the refactoring menu in the VA X options dialog of 1541.

case 2687 fixed.
jpizzi Posted - Sep 24 2006 : 9:34:28 PM
While we resist adding options, one to turn off the refactoring button seems resonable.

case=2687

The refactoring read-only files is a known issue (bug).

case=2153

You know, thinking about it, there is already an option to disable the refactoring button. Select VAssistX, then "Disable Visual Assist X" (the feature request is still entered)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000