Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 OpenFileInWorkspaceDialog slow with many windows

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
digby Posted - Oct 04 2006 : 10:04:10 PM
Hi,

Current version 1534, but I've seen this problem in other versions.
OpenFileInWorkspaceDialog can be slow - very slow - sometimes painfully slow - to appear, if there are many windows open in the IDE. Using VS 2005. If there are no windows or relatively few, then it is quicker.

Thanks
Digby
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 12:59:47 PM
in VS2003 "alt-w + w" gives you a list of all open windows
digby Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 06:01:12 AM
Thank Sean,

As a suggestion - it might be interesting to see only the files open in the IDE, when you either click or unclick the checkbox.

dig
sean Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 01:40:49 AM
Unchecking the box means that any files which are open in the IDE that are not already in the solution are added to the list. So if all the windows that are already open are for files in the solution then it's just wasted effort.

This functionality will be different in a future build; it will likely become a checkbox to include headers found in the additional include directories that are not directly contained in the solution.
digby Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 01:02:05 AM
Hi Sean,
Yes if I check this box, performance improves a lot.

Curiously, unchecking this box doesnt actually reveal any more files at all, ever.

However I am happy to leave the box checked.

Thanks
dig
sean Posted - Oct 05 2006 : 12:28:43 AM
In the dialog, there is a checkbox for "show only files in the current workspace" - is this checked or unchecked?
If it is unchecked, does the performance improve if you check it?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000