Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Refactoring: Right-click context menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Oct 13 2006 : 1:07:05 PM
Right now to refactor ANYTHING, I have to hover the mouse over the identifier or function and click the ever so small down arrow icon that appears seconds later. I think it would be more convenient and much faster to add this very same menu to the 'right click' context menu of Visual Studio. Simply add a sub-menu inside of the context menu with all the options needed when you right click a variable or function name.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rhummer Posted - Nov 03 2006 : 10:46:20 PM
You have to assign it.

the IDE command is called VAssistX.RefactorContextMenu
dango Posted - Nov 03 2006 : 10:40:36 PM
So what is the keyboard short-cut?
support Posted - Oct 30 2006 : 12:22:11 AM
Keyboard access to refactoring menu is available in build 1540 but requires reset of VS.NET and VS2005. (Reset is not required if you do not need the RefactorContextMenu command.)
feline Posted - Oct 20 2006 : 09:20:43 AM
if you are using VC6 you can add a VAssistX menu manually, otherwise you should already have one. personally I use alt-a, r to open the refactoring sub-menu.

allowing a keyboard shortcut to bring up the hovering refactoring menu is in the list

case=2452
TorbenKoch Posted - Oct 20 2006 : 04:26:16 AM
Could we please get a short-cut key for showing the refactor menu? I hate that I have to use two hands two show it ;-)

Just add a VAssist.ShowRefactorMenu or something like that to Tools-Options/Environment-Keyboard settings.

Thanks.
rhummer Posted - Oct 13 2006 : 2:55:32 PM
you have to shift + right click.
MrDoomMaster Posted - Oct 13 2006 : 2:43:49 PM
As an additional note, I right click a variable and I see no visual assist related context menu options.
MrDoomMaster Posted - Oct 13 2006 : 2:27:57 PM
I am using build 1538 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
feline Posted - Oct 13 2006 : 1:31:13 PM
this has already been done, this menu has been there for a while now. which IDE and version of VA are you running?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000