Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Highlighting of references on hovering instance

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
drzoom Posted - Oct 31 2006 : 05:12:19 AM

In Eclipse there is a feature I like very much (but is only for Java).

If you move the mouse pointer over a symbol, and wait 1-2 seconds. The symbol and all references are highlighted automatically on the current source file.

This is very useful to read the code, e.g. if you have to search for uses of a local declared variable.

It's like using "find references" with highlighting, but without the output in the find references window. And limited to the current open source file.

I think this feature is very easy to implement :-)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 31 2006 : 12:01:09 PM
You could argue that the work around is actually a superior feature, since the Find References Results window has full keyboard support, allowing you to quickly move back and forward between the references
drzoom Posted - Oct 31 2006 : 09:53:48 AM
That is the workaround I currently use , while I'm waiting for a such feature...
feline Posted - Oct 31 2006 : 08:47:25 AM
Unfortunately we are an add-in, and have to sneak around behind the IDE's back, so things that are easy when you control the IDE, as is the case in Eclipse are very hard for us.

For now the solution is to use Find References and turn on:
VA Options -> Text Editor -> General -> Highlight references using

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000