Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Clipboard History in New text File

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peterchen Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 10:57:16 AM
When I use Ctrl-Shift-V in a new (empty, unsaved) text file, I get the error message:
"This command is only available in windows in which Visual Assist X is active."

VC 6 , VAX 1540

(sounds like there's an internal restriction.) Is there a way around this? Is this better in VC8?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peterchen Posted - Nov 10 2006 : 01:56:32 AM
That's so fitting...
feline Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 6:30:52 PM
I am sure there must be at least one or two easy to fix bug's in the list I am just not sure which ones they are
peterchen Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 5:17:10 PM
It's a flow stopper bu no real trouble, but if it's easy to fix...
feline Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 2:52:26 PM
I am seeing the same thing when I use this toolbar button

case=3546

As you have already worked out the work around is to save the file before trying to show the clipboard history.
peterchen Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 12:42:30 PM
Yes, I see the menu as soon as I switch to a code window.

I create the new text window through the toolbar "New Text document" (or whatever it's called in english), where no further dialog comes up.

Additional info: everything works fine if I create the file through "File/New..." or Ctrl-N (where the File Type + Add To project dialog comes up)

Project is open in all tests.
feline Posted - Nov 09 2006 : 12:07:54 PM
I have just tried this in both VC6 and VS2003, with VA 1540, and in both IDE's the CTRL-SHIFT-V menu comes up just fine.
I have tried a new cpp file and a new txt file in both IDE's.

If you move into an existing code file are you seeing this menu? I am wondering if there is nothing to show, and you are simply seeing an unhelpful (and perhaps incorrect) error message.

If there are items to show, how are you creating / opening this new file? I just used CTRL-N and selected text file, giving it a name in VC6 since this is required.
Do you have a solution currently open? I did, in all of my tests.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000