Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Alt-O asking to create & add new "other" file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peterchen Posted - Jan 10 2007 : 6:52:29 PM
I wonder if this has been asked before - but search didn't turn up anything.

If I have only a .h file, and press ALT-O, I would like VA to ask if it should create the corresponding.cpp file, and add it to the project.

Similary, If I have only a .cpp, you can ask to create the .h

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 12 2007 : 09:50:15 AM
I like the idea, but I am a little wary of this for a couple of reasons.

Firstly it will quickly become very irritating if you have unpaired files, e.g. template classes that only exist in a header file. This will result in people wanting an option to suppress this behaviour.

Secondly there is a lot of variation in how people lay out their code files. Some put the two files in the same directory. Some have "project/src/foo.cpp" and "project/include/foo.h". I have seen various different layouts mentioned here over time.

What I do is place the caret at the top of the file (fast and easy ) and then copy the file name from the definition half of the VA wizard bar, and then feed this file name (CTRL-V) into the IDE's new file dialog. A quick and easy way of ensuring the file names match

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000