Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Conditional for VAX's parser

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KirillMueller Posted - Feb 16 2007 : 4:57:33 PM
Have you considered defining a special conditional variable like __VISUAL_ASSIST_X__ in your parser? With such a conditional, one could write code like

#ifndef __VISUAL_ASSIST_X__
some_code_that_confuses_vax;
#endif

and get away with it without, well, confusing VAX Sure your parser does a great job, but it would be nice to have such an option just in case. If your parser ignores #ifdef/#ifndef directives completely, a special comment like

// VISUAL_ASSIST_PARSER_OFF
some_code_that_confuses_vax;
// VISUAL_ASSIST_PARSER_ON

would do as well.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pbrown Posted - Sep 25 2008 : 1:47:06 PM
This sort of feature would be useful for solving the problem I reported at:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8208
feline Posted - Feb 22 2007 : 12:47:49 PM
The problem with macro's taking more than 10 parameters should be fixed in the next build, the limit on the number of parameters has been increased to 20, hopefully enough

For a specific problem with friend classes I recommended the work around:

in the live code add:

#define FRIEND friend

and in VA's stdafx.h file add:

#define FRIEND //

which worked as expected when I tested it. I am not sure if I have actually tested two macro's for start and end comments, but I have the vague feeling I have, and it worked.
KirillMueller Posted - Feb 22 2007 : 09:04:07 AM
Sorry, feline, no offense intended However, I have encountered already two kinds of problems that led to significant reduction of usability. The first got fixed quite quickly, the second is our current issue with the huge macros. I was asking just in case, because it's handy to have a quick solution for myself if a recent update doesn't work with my code but succeeds for virtually everybody else. I'll try your suggestion.
feline Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 1:58:06 PM
Are you running into many cases that confuse our parser? Normally we try to fix these.

You can achieve this effect by being clever with VA's stdafx.h file. A pair of #define's that VA is told resolve to "/*" and "*/" work quite well to hide problem code from it. However you need to be a little careful doing this, incase you get unexpected side effects.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000