Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Autotext editing support

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sl@sh Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 07:52:40 AM
Could you support some of VA X's features within the Autotext editor window?

I am specifically thinking of suggestion list boxes showing the list of available symbols (such as $SymbolType$).

Another function I would like is some kind of preview window (preferrably one showing the cursor position). This would help very much with symbols that you are not sure of, with formatting issues, and possibly other concerns. Currently it is a bit awkward to always close the autotext editor, then the options window, then try out what you've done, undo this, open the options window, then the autotext editor again....
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 2:19:32 PM
Personally I write most, if not all of my autotext rules in the main IDE, with VA's help, get the formatting right, and then copy them into the autotext editor when I am happy, for exactly the reasons you list.

Once in the autotext editor the context menu to insert the symbols is ideal
sean Posted - Feb 19 2007 : 1:51:01 PM
Alt+A,I,E will bring up the autotext editor (in vs2002+).
Until the autotext editor supports suggestion lists, the context menu in the autotext editor lets you insert the predefined symbols.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000