Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Cloning classes & implementing interfaces

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pat Posted - Mar 01 2007 : 06:09:34 AM
It would be nice, if VA refactoring would be able to "clone" existing classes like this:

class Original
{
int i;
public:
Original() i(0) {}
};

clone -> enter new name "Clone" ->

class Clone
{
int i;
public:
Clone() i(0) {}
};

VA should also clone the Header and CPP files. This might be heavy, because there can be multiple classes in one file in C++ :(

Another interesting feature would be to implement virtual base class members or whole interfaces of base classes. E.g. this is possible in Eclipse.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 24 2011 : 4:04:47 PM
case=1505 is implemented in build 1840
feline Posted - Mar 01 2007 : 08:09:56 AM
It is unlikely we will try and clone classes any time soon, cloning the files especially brings all sorts of nasty complications with it.

Personally when I need to do this I either:
* copy / paste the class and then use the IDE's find and replace on a selection to rename the class
* copy / paste the files and then use VA's rename feature, limiting the rename to just the files I want to update

Implementing virtual base class members / interfaces, we are considering doing something like this in the future:

case=1505

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000