Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Filtering entries in VA View

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sl@sh Posted - Mar 05 2007 : 06:50:34 AM
Not sure if that is possible:

when I search for a specific class or other symbol using the "Symbols in Workspace" dropdown list, I sometimes run into the problem, that the part of the symbol name that I remember isn't really very specific, and the list box turns up cluttered with all kinds of methods, class members, class names, typedefs, and the like, that I really don't want.

Would it be possible to filter that list by type, the same way it is done for autocompletion? When I look for a symbol I usually know exactly what type it is, OTOH those parts of the name that I remember often are much less distinctive.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 05 2007 : 1:48:35 PM
You may find this interesting:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W194
sl@sh Posted - Mar 05 2007 : 11:18:11 AM
Thanks for the answer.

No I didn't know about removing items. That will help, thanks a lot! :)
feline Posted - Mar 05 2007 : 08:23:50 AM
We are considering adding this, but I am not quite sure how it would work in VAView. The last person to ask wanted it on the FSIW dialog, where it might be a bit easier to add a control for this:

case=5031

Are you aware that you can remove items from the list? E.g. use the filter "foo -bar" lists everything containing "foo" but excludes everything containing "bar"

This is what I tend to do in these situations, after removing a few classes that clearly do not help I get a much shorter, more useful, list of items to read.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000