Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Highlight References

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RoSe Posted - Mar 20 2007 : 05:25:10 AM
Just got the new 1549 and like the highlightening of the current line. As a I changed from Eclipse to Visual Studio I miss the "Mark Occurrences" feature very much. Wouldn't it be possible to have an option to turn the highlight references "always on" in the current file? So selecting a field, variable or method shows all occurences in the file or in an advanced version it shows all methods in an file and e.g. variables only in their scope ...
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:58:03 PM
case=21926 deals with automatic highlighting of references to the symbol under the cursor.

case=21926 is implemented in build 1715

Enable in VA Options|Advanced|Refactoring|Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor.
support Posted - Dec 01 2008 : 07:26:04 AM
case=5141 is implemented in build 1707
feline Posted - Sep 21 2007 : 10:19:16 AM
I rather like that idea, and it does build on the active marking idea quite nicely. I have put in a feature request for this:

case=8987
accord Posted - Sep 20 2007 : 5:51:18 PM
A great idea from eclipse:
"Select a return type to highlight all the exit points of a method."
I like it. It would be extremely useful, if I could highlight all return point within a function...

I know I know, I can find "return", but it's not the same
feline Posted - Mar 20 2007 : 12:43:15 PM
This is feature request case=5141

You can get VIM to do the same thing, which is very useful, I agree.
RoSe Posted - Mar 20 2007 : 11:36:33 AM
I already found the feature you mentioned. What I'm thinking of would be the "real time" version of VA's find reference. As soon as I mark a method, variable, field ... all occurrences in the current file should be marked. So that I don't have to press a button for the search and the search should be limited to the file under work. A better desription of the feature could be found under http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t19240.html for example. This is pretty smart for navigating quickly in my code or understanding unknown code. If you get used to it you can't live without it ;-)
sean Posted - Mar 20 2007 : 11:18:39 AM
This might be feature request case=5141.

Can you describe the Eclipse feature some more? Do you invoke a command to make the highlights happen or does it constantly track where the caret is placed?
feline Posted - Mar 20 2007 : 10:33:27 AM
Turn on:

VA Options -> Text Editor -> General -> Highlight references using

set the colours you like, and use VA's Find References feature.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/findReferences.asp

This should do what you are looking for.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000