Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 modification of Encapsulate Field

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zelka2member Posted - May 09 2007 : 10:37:03 AM
I would like to modify Set function encapsulating a field to return dereference to this (it really has some advantages). Result should look like this:

class A
{
int something;
public:
A& SetSomething(int val)
{
something=val;
return *this;
}
};

I cannot use $SymbolContext$ because it contains class_name::symbol_name.

Is there any $...$ containing just class name? Where to get list of $...$ ? Why is there no full text search on your web site?

Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:05:23 PM
case=2050 is implemented in build 1715
New tokens are $NamespaceName$, $BaseClassName$, $ClassName$, $MethodName$, and $MethodArgs$.
These should not be used in refactoring snippets.
feline Posted - May 10 2007 : 07:40:40 AM
I understand now. We are looking to add the class name to the autotext symbols:

case=2050

$PropertyName$, based on the description of $GeneratedPropertyName$ here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/encapsulateField.asp

that this is supposed to prompt you for the name you want to give the property.
zelka2member Posted - May 10 2007 : 02:34:23 AM
Thank you for reply - I should have tried left click. But I did not find what I'm looking for among all $...$ (maybe I'm wrong).

I have no problem with this keyword as it is always the same but with type the function is supposed to return. Return type must be explicit in such cases in C++ syntax.

Have a look at SetSomething function. In this example that return type is A. Class A is something as $SymbolOwner$ in context of "Encapsulate Field" operation.

Hope it clears my intentions, what is your opinion now?

By the way, $PropertyName$ (which I inserted from menu) prompts me to enter value of $PropertyName$ in case of "Encapsulate Field". I did not try it elsewhere. I am using version 1541.
feline Posted - May 09 2007 : 3:00:12 PM
Full searching of the website is something we are looking into, we just have not got there yet.

The main list of $$ tokes is here: http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/autotext.asp

Also the list is available if you right click in the autotext editor and look under "Insert"

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you want return *this then you can do this, since this is a keyword, so it is always the same.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000