Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Force wait for refactoring menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eve Posted - May 25 2007 : 03:59:12 AM
Hi,

I use 'find references' all the time, but I often have the problem that I have to wait for the drop down refactoring menu to be filled correctly.

Often when I hover over a symbol, the refactor icon does not appear immediately or the contents is not correct (it just contains 'extract method').
If I wait a little longer then everything becomes normal. The problem is that I have no idea at all how long I still have to wait.

Now what I would like to suggest is that I can somehow force VA to show that menu as fast as possible, and even block the IDE until the menu becomes available.

regards,
eli
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eve Posted - Jun 05 2007 : 03:27:22 AM
Maybe a hint for people having the same problem as me: when you shift-right click on a symbol, then a reparse is apparently triggered.
eve Posted - May 29 2007 : 01:50:20 AM
I'm using the hovering menu, and always blocking the IDE would not be very nice indeed. But the reparse on keyboard shortcut would be ok for me.
feline Posted - May 25 2007 : 2:17:41 PM
How are you triggering Find References?

If you are hovering the mouse then blocking the IDE every time you move the mouse is not going to go down to well with most people. The same issue occurs with simply opening the VAssistX menu.

A similar issue came up when someone assigned a keyboard shortcut to a specific refactoring operation, Create Implementation from memory. I put in a feature request to re-parse the current file if a refactoring operation is triggered via a mapped keyboard shortcut but it is not available:

case=4568

When we look at this it might help you.

The delay, normally a second or two is ample, you just need to give VA time to reparse the current file and update its knowledge of the current context.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000