Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Auto Text Sorting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike ONeill Posted - Jun 21 2007 : 04:42:29 AM
When you start to add new Auto Text shortcuts , they appear in the list in the order of addiiton

They would be a lot more use if they were sorted alphabetically

I have started to create a lot of AutoText of late and this shortfall makes looking for the shortcut you want a bit frustrating especially a the selection window is of fixed size , you have scroll around a lot

Cheers
Mike
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 21 2007 : 11:14:36 AM
You can resize the autotext editor dialog, which helps. You may need to update to a newer version of VA to get this option, depending on the version you are using.

When more than one autotext entry has the same shortcut the items are listed in the listbox in the order they are given in the autotext editor tree. So this allows you to sort them, so the one you want is the top suggestion. Any form of automated sorting would stop this working.

We are considering adding a way to filter or search the tree in the autotext editor:

case=606

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000