Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Adding more custom platforms

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mod42 Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 08:43:31 AM
Hi

one feature I am missing in VAX is the support of more custom platforms. I use VC6 + VAX as a pure C/C++ editor with a batch file calling compilers for different target systems. These different target systems use different OSes so I need different include file directories. Would be great if these platforms could be selected based on the current open workspace.

mod42
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 25 2007 : 07:17:18 AM
We are considering adding more custom platforms:

case=547

But they would not be linked to a specific workspace, so you would still need to change the platform manually.

It may be worth trying a windows batch file. If you change the directories stored in the registry for VA's custom platform (importing an existing reg file is probably the easiest way of doing this) and also delete the VA symbol database then load VC6 and the correct workspace...

You could then have one batch file per workspace which would do the initial configuring of VA and load VC6 for you.

Does this sound like it would do what you want and need?
mod42 Posted - Jun 25 2007 : 02:43:11 AM
That is not possible as I am always using simple makefile project. Rebuilding the symbol database would not be a huge problem as I am not changing the platform every minute (usualy once a day or less)
feline Posted - Jun 22 2007 : 11:54:39 AM
Assuming you have created a set of VC6 workspaces, one per OS, can you simply add the correct include directories to the VC6 workspace?

VA will pick up these directories, and this also means that you can simply swap workspaces and continue working. If you change the platform in VA's options dialog VA needs to rebuild its symbol database before the change takes effect, which can take a little while.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000