Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Visual Assist in specified VS instances only.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DigDog Posted - Jul 19 2007 : 09:32:52 AM
I have VS6, VS2003 and VS2005 installed. I want to use VA only with the VS6 and VS2003. After each update I remove manually VA from the VS2005. Would be good to have a possibility to select Visual Studio instances in VA setup.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 08:13:24 AM
I was not aware of any problems with the current version of ReSharper. What sort of problems are you running into? Which version are you using? This page:

http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/download/index.html

is offering me 3 versions, Full, C# and VB. I shall try and download a trial version to try here.

You may find adding .cs to:

VA Options -> Projects -> Extensions -> Extensions to ignore

gives you the effect you want, but I have not tested this myself.
Dans Posted - Jul 27 2007 : 06:28:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DigDog

I don't try to use Resharper version with VA since Resharper 2.5.

With Resharper 3.0 VisaullAssist for C++ works well, but disabling VA is required when you modifying C# code.
It's possible to create VA tuning options?:
[X] C++
[ ] C#
In this case VA Should disable code highlighting and code insight for C#
It will really help when developing in solutions that contains Managed C++ project and C# project.
DigDog Posted - Jul 23 2007 : 09:22:00 AM
I don't try to use Resharper version with VA since Resharper 2.5.
feline Posted - Jul 20 2007 : 07:36:04 AM
That's fair, although I thought we had fixed most of the problems with ReSharper. Are you using the latest version of ReSharper?
DigDog Posted - Jul 20 2007 : 04:30:30 AM
I use only C# with ReSharper in VS2005. ReSharper doesn't work properly with VA installed. So I disable VA.
feline Posted - Jul 19 2007 : 11:51:36 AM
We have considered doing this, but are not keen, since it complicates the installer for most users, and it is just more questions they don't want to see.

If you look at this FAQ entry there is a registry key you can use to stop VA loading in VS2005:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W306

If you set this key and then change the permissions on the key to make it read only this should stop VA from activating its self in VS2005.

If you don't mind me asking is there a reason why you don't want to use VA in VS2005?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000