Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Suggestionlist for include files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smeuser Posted - Aug 01 2007 : 10:42:27 AM
Hi,

if I add an include, I would be happy if a list is displayed with matching include names. At least with includes which belong to the current solution.

Of course, even more nicer would be, if VAX detects that an include is missing and could add it on its own.

thanks,

Stefan
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:31:02 PM
case=226 is implemented in build 1715
Hover over an unrecognized symbol and choose "Add include xxxx" from the refactoring context menu.

feline Posted - Aug 01 2007 : 2:37:04 PM
The first time you do this you need to be patient while VA builds the list of files to suggest. Give it a couple of seconds and the list should appear. This may be why you did not see it at first.

The next time it will be faster, at least until you restart the IDE.
smeuser Posted - Aug 01 2007 : 12:23:12 PM
Ups, now I see it. It works as I had expected. I don't know, why it did not work last time I tried. Probably, I have done something wrong.

Thanks,

Stefan
feline Posted - Aug 01 2007 : 12:03:42 PM
If you type:

#in

you should see a suggestion from VA for #include "" and #include <>

When you accept either of these a suggestion listbox should appear showing valid include files. The list will depend on which type of include statement you are using.

You can also trigger the list manually with CTRL-SPACE

Are you seeing this? If not then either you have disabled VA's suggestions or something is not working correctly.

Suggesting which header to include based on the code in the current file is something we are considering doing at some point:

case=226

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000