Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Multiple constructors in structure/class

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pk_asw Posted - Aug 01 2007 : 5:48:16 PM
Hello,
VA (build 1555) doesnt show me multiple constructors in the structure (intellisense). I have to turn "Advanced/Listboxes/Get content from default Intellisense" to see all constructors (but then MSVC shows me listbox from VA and listbox from MSVC).

my structure:

struct MY_STRUCT {
int m_a;
char *m_b;
MY_STRUCT( int a ) : m_a( a ) { };
MY_STRUCT( char *b ) : m_b( b ) { };
};

When I type: "MY_STRUCT(" I'd like to see both constructors to choose which one I'd like to use.

thanks,
-pk
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 11:59:01 AM
Very strange, now I am able to reproduce the bug all of the time. I saw some odd effects on my first group of tests, but nothing I could reproduce or pin down.

I dislike bugs like this.

I have put in a bug report, hopefully our developers will be able to reproduce this reliably:

case=8019
pk_asw Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 10:24:09 AM
thanks for reply.
I've installed the latest VA (build 1559) and in VS.NET 2005 I've typed your modified code. Again, when I typed the "(" VA showed me only the one (latest) constructor:

I had to turn on "Advanced/Listboxes/Get content from default Intellisense" to see both constructors.
feline Posted - Aug 02 2007 : 09:11:26 AM
using VS2005 and VA 1559 I changed the code a little, ending up with this code in a header file:

struct MY_STRUCT {
	int m_a;
	char *m_b;
public:
	MY_STRUCT( int a ) : m_a( a ) { };
	MY_STRUCT( char *b ) : m_b( b ) { };
};

and this code in the matching cpp file:

static void testStructConstructors()
{
	MY_STRUCT foo(1);
}

with this code, when I typed the '(' in the cpp file, or place my caret between the brackets and press CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE to see the parameter info tooltip both overloads are listed for me.

Which IDE are you using?
If you upgrade to VA 1559 does this help?

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000