Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Support for different-sized fonts in source view?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aebrahimi Posted - Aug 08 2007 : 5:00:04 PM
There are some cool features that the Source Insight application has:
http://www.sourceinsight.com/

One of them is the ability to different sized fonts for source code elements:
http://www.sourceinsight.com/features_files/FullAppLg.gif

I don't know if it is possible to do this with Visual Studio. I sure hope you could!

Just some ideas to make an already great product even better.

::Amir
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 10 2007 : 5:05:26 PM
an interesting thought. on paper that should work, but for people using fixed width fonts (most of us it seems) that is likely to get rather confusing, since suddenly the font is not quite so fixed width, since a smaller font size means smaller letters.
sl@sh Posted - Aug 10 2007 : 05:33:32 AM
Hmm, if the only restriction is the clipping rectangle of the original characters (or tokens), then it should be possible to use smaller Fonts, no?

Starting from there - if all types of code would be rendered somewhat smaller than set within the IDE, then you could also make some of the code appear taller, by making them default size.

Ok the latter might turn out not that good an idea, since it would lead to standard parts of the code being apparently spread out, with unusally large gaps between the letters.

P.S.: Looking at that screenshot made me cringe! I'm not sure I want VA to provide that much presentational flexibility...
feline Posted - Aug 09 2007 : 07:35:00 AM
Unfortunately we cannot do that, since we do not have full control over what is drawn. If you turn in Italic then you will notice some clipping occasionally, we can only draw inside the boundary for the current word set by the IDE, hence the clipping.

Just looking at that screen shot, it does look a bit confusing, with so many different types of text all going on at once.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000