Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Multiple find-references

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patje Posted - Aug 16 2007 : 02:30:18 AM
When adding code that is similar to existing code (certain menu actions that should be handled similarly) I often use "find references".
However, there is only 1 find-references window, which means that if you quickly want to search on something else, you have to redo the previous find-references.
It would be handy to save the "Find References Results", e.g. by adding a 'Store results' button. This button could store the results under a different tab in the window, so you can quickly access it.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 16 2007 : 07:19:52 AM
We are working on this internally, and hope to allow multiple Find References Results windows in the next few builds. It is a common request, for obvious reasons
sl@sh Posted - Aug 16 2007 : 03:47:30 AM
I constantly run into a similar problem, when trying to determine chain of dependency for something I intend to refactor: I do repeated 'Find References' to determine what parts of the code are involved and what other side effects might need to be considered when refactoring the original method. However, once I do four or five 'Find References' in a row, I find it difficult to pick up my research at an earlier level that had more findings to follow up.

I would very much like some kind of 'Find Reference History' that enabled me to skip back to previous results, or just enables me to rerun previous 'Find's without the need to respecify what I am looking for.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000