Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add text copied elsewhere to clipboard ring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KirillMueller Posted - Aug 29 2007 : 03:49:21 AM
When I copy "Text A" and "Text B" to the clipboard via Ctrl+C inside Visual Studio, I can paste "Text A" using Ctrl+V.

When I copy "Text A" from another application (say, a browser) and "Text B" from Visual Studio, I cannot paste "Text A" using Ctrl+V -- it is not in the clipboard ring.

My suggestion is to add text content from the system clipboard to the internal clipboard ring when Visual Studio is activated (WM_ACTIVATE), if the text is different from the topmost entry in the clipboard ring.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 17 2007 : 08:44:27 AM
Again obvious when you point it out I have added a note about this to the case.
KirillMueller Posted - Oct 15 2007 : 4:10:53 PM
Actually, the same suggestion also holds for dialogs inside the IDE, like Search/Replace: Ideally, new clipboard data would be available to the clipboard ring after leaving such a dialog.
feline Posted - Aug 29 2007 : 12:57:43 PM
An extremely sensible suggestion now I see it. I know exactly what you are talking about, it happens to me fairly often when bouncing between the forum and the IDE:

case=8436

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000