Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Color picker

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hotzenplotz Posted - Sep 07 2007 : 7:04:10 PM
I'd really like a color picker to select custom colors for the additional syntax highlighting. (The default Windows one should be perfectly fine.)

I prefer to use dark and weakly saturated colors, and the standard & web palette doesn't really contain many of those.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hotzenplotz Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 10:12:04 PM
Hm.
Hmmmmmm.
Thanks for the hint.

I knew that I could change those 16 colors of the system palette and then afterwards pick them in VAX. I didn't know the right-click thing though.
And I didn't know that the selected color stays unaffected in VAX if I change the system color (that I used to set the color in VAX originally) to some other color afterwards. Just tried it out, works, me happy :)

Yup, that'll do just fine.
Cheers!
sean Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 6:56:03 PM
I didn't know that was even possible. Is that a standard windows thing?

EDIT:
Ahh - if you move the mouse over the whites and keep still long enough, a tooltip appears giving the magic hint.
holedigger Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 6:36:03 PM
Perhaps I'm missing something (very possible), but why can't you right-click on the empty (white) colors at the bottom of the Palette? This opens the windows color picker for me.

feline Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 5:41:49 PM
This is a workaround, but you can simply edit the registry values in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet\\Format\
Change the registry key depending on the IDE you are using.

With the IDE closed just change the value for the item you want to change. Edit the first 3 pairs of values, setting the RGB value in HEX to the value you want. You will need to use a colour picker program to get the shade you want. Personally I like this one:

http://www.codeproject.com/tools/colour.asp

I have just tried this here with VS2003, and I now have functions set to the rather interesting shade of dark orange CC7133
The VA options dialog just lists this HEX value, along with the colour preview.
hotzenplotz Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 4:56:26 PM
I have. Unfortunately the list (although it's huge) doesn't contain colors that I really like to use (most of them are too bright, even the "dark" ones - I like to use really dark colors for better contrast). When I switched to VS 2003 I was so glad that it finally supported custom colors, and now VAX ... kind-of spoils it for me :(
feline Posted - Sep 10 2007 : 10:04:32 AM
Have you checked out the Web tab? This adds a good collection of options to the list.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000