Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Associations

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Niksan Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 11:46:57 AM
Hi, not sure if you can do this anyway, but we have a custom script format which is almost C/C++ like, but it would be great if we could set an association to our extension to use its own .VA and .TPL file, as currently I can't see anyway to do this short of the reg hacks to make it appear to be a genuine C++ file, but this means we would get all the extra bits we don't want exposed.

Is there anyway to do what I'm trying to do, or maybe an option in the future for associations ?

Regards.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 22 2007 : 1:49:22 PM
You can have a class in VB.NET, so you can have your class containing your member functions at the top of the file, and then use them further down the file. This might do what you want.
Niksan Posted - Oct 22 2007 : 05:47:47 AM
OK, that all works OK, however, because I'm telling it to use VB as a base, is there anyway I can put in any prototypes for functions, like c++ would have in headers and the like ?
Niksan Posted - Oct 19 2007 : 12:33:40 PM
My eyes will apologize, they failed to see beyond the "If file is a header" :) thanks for that.

would be nice if you could parse all Ext* in the registry tho so we could have proper custom .VA and .TBL files. ;)
sean Posted - Oct 19 2007 : 12:07:36 PM
Good one.

Based on file extensions - you'll need to edit two reg entries:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328
Niksan Posted - Oct 19 2007 : 10:46:56 AM
Ok, I thought I'd try the different c++ registry hack, but with vb files as we never use vb so I though I could use those, so I copied the registry entries for vb for visual studio adding the same guid vb uses, it picks up the .VA file fine and all the correct keywords are highlighted etc, however the TPL files don't seem to be used or at least typing in the shortcut for the dropdown, the dropdown doesn't appear, so how does VA know which TPL to use ? it it based on the editor that is used or is it paired up with the extensions set within visual studio ?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000