Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Autotext keyboard shortcuts?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eddie Posted - Nov 19 2007 : 2:30:46 PM
Hey!

I don't know how feasible this is, but I'd love it if it could be implemented, or if it already is and I'm simply not aware!

I'd love to be able to have autotext entries be assignable to keyboard shortcuts.

One thing I type over and over again (in C++, anyhow), is "MyClassName". Since my convention has "MyClassName" matching "MyClassName.hpp" or what-have you, it's relatively easy for me to create an autotext entry, but the typing shortcut doesn't work in all context's. i.e., MyClassName::MyClassName() -- it won't bring up the autotext entry for the second MyClassName.

Ideally I'd love to be able to press a keystroke and just get the autotext splayed out as such. I'm sure there are other uses for it too, but this is the chief one for me.

Thoughts?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 19 2007 : 3:58:33 PM
I am not sure I understand.

Are all of your classes called "MyClassName"?

Ignoring that for a moment, instead of typing "MyClassName::MyClassName()" trigger Create Implementation if you are writing the class. Once this function exists you should see VA suggests it when you are typing, this is what suggestions are for

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000