Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Is this implemented?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 02:47:18 AM
Consider the code below. The placing of the cursor soon becomes irritating.
str1.Trim();
str2.Trim();
str3.Trim(|)

Trim() has three different implementations, and the one I use most is the one without parameters. It would be nice if VAX had some internal counters to determine which method I am most likely to use next time.

Perhaps this is already implemented on some level?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 13 2007 : 2:46:16 PM
*ah* good edge case! I have put a note on the feature request about this, thank you.
sl@sh Posted - Dec 12 2007 : 04:17:01 AM
Eclipse already does the move-caret-to-end-of-line-on-typing-';' thingie, and it's a great help. However, it also does it when you want to use string constants containing ';' (or at least the version I last used did). So this is an exception you might want to consider when treating special characters inside generated pairs of brackets.
feline Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 09:36:57 AM
Brackets are much more tricky. VA already tries to be "intelligent" when it comes to inserting / replacing closing brackets.

There are very few cases where you would want a semi-colon in there, but there are lots where you will want brackets.
znakeeye Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 08:35:00 AM
While we're at it; perhaps you should do this for ')' too. Consider this bar-function which has several overloaded types:
if (foo.bar(|)
znakeeye Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 05:00:56 AM
Yeah, great idea!
feline Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 11:28:47 AM
There is no current feature to do this. While the idea is interesting, I can also see some possible problems with it, mainly that it is likely to irritate people when VA gets this wrong.

We are considering the idea of moving the caret to after the function call if you type a semi-colon. Since this is not normally valid as part of the parameter list VA would know it was safe to move both the caret and the semi-colon to the end of the line.

case=296

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000