Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Obfuscator functionality

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CreatorCray Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 6:47:38 PM
Since VAX have refactor rename obfuscation can be implemented quite easy, I think.

For example: rename all identifiers from current workspace to random names by one click.

Does it possible?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CreatorCray Posted - Dec 14 2007 : 11:59:13 AM
Understood.

Find and replace doesn't fit good. There's still a lot of hand work.
Let's obfuscate std::list for example. All private and protected definitions should be renamed. All local vars in all functions should be renamed.
We have public interface untouched - so class can be used. But everything inside is scrambled.
Sure there are more steps to complete obfuscation, but they are more simple and VA cannot help with.

Well, I think this question can be closed.
feline Posted - Dec 14 2007 : 09:40:35 AM
That makes sense.

The problem from VA's point of view is that Rename has to be triggered inside the IDE, on a given symbol. Without doing this VA does not know what you are trying to rename.

Do your current symbols have unique names? If so a simple find and replace in one file, or find and replace in all files might work well for quite a few of the symbols, leaving you with only a smaller number of cases to fix using VA's rename feature.
CreatorCray Posted - Dec 14 2007 : 02:48:33 AM
Obfuscated code is not for maintaining. I need obfuscated copy for evaluation version of library (.h files + .lib). Obfuscation is needed to hide logic inside C++ template classes (~50 classes), which cannot be moved in .lib. Yes, it quite naive and doesn't really hide the code, but for eval version it's quite good.
feline Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 09:35:39 AM
But after you have done this how are you going to maintain your code? Surely this is going to become a nightmare?
CreatorCray Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 05:21:45 AM
Yes, but IL is .NET.
I need to obfuscate C++ code (part of library, templates inside .hpp). Sure I can use VAX Rename feature, but it's slow because I should call 'rename' to every identifier and type new name manually.
kevinsikes Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 11:08:44 PM
Hi CreatorCray,

Obfuscation is best applied to the IL created after compilation -- you wouldn't want to obfuscate your source code, since maintenance would be a nightmare.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for using Visual Assist X.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000