Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Desired new key shortcuts

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 07:15:18 AM
1) With Alt+G you often get two or more suggestions:
MyFile.cpp
MyFile.h

I would like two new key shortcuts:
* To jump directly to MyFile.cpp (definition)
* To jump directly to MyFile.h (declaration)
* If too many choices, fall back to the standard menu

2) A keyshortcut to jump directly to the declaration of the type of the focused token.

MyFunction()
{
sound->volume.adjust();
}

Currently, we have to use Alt+G to go to the declaraction of "volume" in sound.h, then Alt+G again to jump to the declaration of the volume's type. My request: I want to go there in just one key shortcut.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 17 2007 : 08:04:06 AM
Two new commands "go to declaration" and "go to implementation" certainly make sense, I am just wondering how Adequat was picturing them working when a menu has to be displayed. There are times when VA does not have a single location to jump to, so it has to ask the user what to do.

I just want to be clear before I put the feature request in
sl@sh Posted - Dec 17 2007 : 03:58:50 AM
I think what Adequat wants is the ability to directly move from a position that uses a symbol to that symbol's declaration, or from the declaration to it's implementation - both by a single shortcut, without displaying a menu.

I suppose these two are the single most used applications of Alt+G that could be automated in a sensible way.
feline Posted - Dec 13 2007 : 2:44:31 PM
Dans that thread is talking about different things.

Adequat we are considering a command to go directly to the variables type:

case=9113

The current alt-g menu, is the problem the menu its self, or the time taken to read the menu? I am not sure about your comment "If too many choices, fall back to the standard menu", since currently VA can list 2 declarations and 2 implementations if you use alt-g on an overloaded function.

Looking at just declarations or just implementations you still have more than one.

We are considering colour coding the alt-g menu to pick out declarations or implementations, to make the current alt-g menu quicker to use:

case=272
Dans Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 5:06:54 PM
Agree!
But, I think, i suggested more intuitive thing here: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6487
znakeeye Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 08:36:27 AM
Agree! I actually requested this in a previous post :)

Alt+Shift+G ftw?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000