Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Fix includes

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
imp_galo Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 07:34:19 AM
One feature that I really enjoy in java IDEs is Fix Imports. This means that if there is some import missing the IDE will find and include the respective import to the source code.

I would really like if VAX could do the same regarding c++ includes.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:26:44 PM
case=226 is implemented in build 1715
Hover over an unrecognized symbol and choose "Add include xxxx" from the refactoring context menu.

feline Posted - Dec 21 2007 : 2:43:51 PM
We are looking into doing this:

case=226

but as sl@sh says, it is not always obvious what header file should be included.
sl@sh Posted - Dec 21 2007 : 07:46:10 AM
Hmmm, why do you think DWORD resides in Windows.h? Or rather, why do you think VA will suggest it for you? When I type it in my editor, put the cursor on the word and then type Alt+G to invoke VA's goto declaration functionality, it suggest 3 include file locations for me, none of which happens to be Windows.h! However, I am quite sure, that including any of those three suggested include files won't be a good idea at all, simply because they are meant to be included in the right context (i. e. within central include files such as windows.h or afx.h)

VA may be able to find the actual location of one or more declarations of a specific symbol, but it might not come up with the right one. Especially when header files come with inherent dependencies...

I don't know about netbeans or intellij, but I understand both are Java, and the Java package structure is way more organized than windows system headers!
imp_galo Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 12:39:29 PM
I mean a command fix imports that add the missing includes. Eg.

void Funcion( DWORD a )
{
}

won't compile because DWORD requires Windows.h, so if I execute the fix includes command it will add #include <Windows.h>.

Intellij also removes unecessary includes.

If you check netbeans or intellij you can understand better how this kind of feature works.

Thanks.
feline Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 11:21:48 AM
I am not sure what you are asking for here. Do you mean suggesting the correct #include line to add to a file, or are you talking about something else?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000