Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 copy results of find references to clipboard

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmihalicza Posted - Dec 21 2007 : 08:09:34 AM
The traditional find window has the advantage that it is a text window and one can easily copy (parts of) its contents.
Find Reference doesn't have this property, I know that it lists the matches categorized by the file name and therefore it is a tree, but still I miss the feature.
Or, at least a button to copy the whole content to the clipboard.
I would like to further process the results with shell scripts.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 22 2007 : 2:36:55 PM
Would the IDE's find in files work better for you?

Alternatively some form of macro system might work well. You can press Delete to delete a file and all of its results from the Find References Results list, and then use CTRL-C to copy the next block. You just need a program to send keyboard events to the IDE.

I know its not an elegant solution, but with the right software it is easy to do.
jmihalicza Posted - Dec 22 2007 : 02:30:41 AM
I am using the 1619 build. The copy from either context menu or by pressing ctrl+c indeed works, but only copies the actual line, or, if a file name is selected, the matches of a file but still not all the results what I really need. I have matches in 25 files.
feline Posted - Dec 21 2007 : 2:45:00 PM
Which version of VA are you using? If you are using one of the 16xx builds then you can copy the text from the Find References Results window.

Right click -> Copy
or just CTRL-C

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000