Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Tooltips over Open File dialog are not necessary

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
accord Posted - Dec 30 2007 : 02:08:13 AM
Tooltips over "Open File in Solution" dialog are not necessary: the tooltip is containing the file path, but there is file path in the "Path" column also.

Update: this tooltip is appearing after moving up or down by keybord also and covering the next 2 listbox item...
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 10 2008 : 6:15:08 PM
Now I know I am seeing the same thing as you, I have put in a bug report for this:

case=11290
accord Posted - Jan 09 2008 : 5:05:28 PM
quote:
I am seeing the big tooltip appear on the current item in the list, well away from the mouse

The same for me: the tooltip is appearing for the highlighted line, caused by keyboard up/down.
feline Posted - Jan 07 2008 : 2:24:06 PM
Does the big tooltip appear by the mouse pointer or by the current item in the list?

I am seeing the big tooltip appear on the current item in the list, well away from the mouse, in VS2008, winXP. *experiments* this looks like an OS specific problem, it does not happen on win2k.
accord Posted - Jan 05 2008 : 4:00:25 PM
quote:
Am I confused, and testing the wrong thing?

You are testing the right thing. Just cannot reproduce I don't know why. Strange... I am doing the same thing...

quote:
This one line tooltip appears and disappears as I change the current item with the up and down arrow keys.

Yes, but after that, about 1-3 sec. later VAX's "big", multiline tooltip will appear with full path in it, over the "path" column.

C++, VS 2008, WinXP SP2, VAX 1624
feline Posted - Jan 05 2008 : 1:51:47 PM
If I understand you correctly then I totally agree. However I do not seem to be seeing what you are describing. So far this is as close as I can get to what you are seeing:

Am I confused, and testing the wrong thing? Notice the mouse is over the "Path" column. This one line tooltip appears and disappears as I change the current item with the up and down arrow keys.
accord Posted - Jan 05 2008 : 11:45:21 AM
quote:
If you move the mouse outside of the "File" column in the window do you still see this tooltip after using the keyboard?

If I move the mouse outside of the file column, I not see tooltips, but after I press Down arrow AND there are more than one item in the listbox the tooltip will appear.

If the mouse outside of the file column OR the mouse is not over the dialog box, tooptips shouldn't appear!

The same in find symbol window: everything is fine with mouse, but the tooltip will appear if I press down arrow, even if mouse pointer is outside of the "symbol" column...

When I am use down arrow to select the best item and stop to think, the tooltip will cover some results, and it can be a little frustrating.
feline Posted - Jan 02 2008 : 10:22:51 AM
If you move the mouse outside of the "File" column in the window do you still see this tooltip after using the keyboard? I only see a tooltip appear if the mouse is over one of the items in the list.

For me, I would have to have a very wide OFIS window to show the full file paths in the path column, so the tooltip serves a useful purpose. Anyone who works with long file names, or long paths, is likely to find this helpful.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000