Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Context menu & Macros

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Jan 16 2008 : 4:04:40 PM
Hi,

Would it be possible to make the context menu display macros?

::EDIT::
Sorry, after reading this a second time it doesn't sound at all like what I'm really asking.

At the top of each source file, VAX places a Context and Definition bar. The Context bar is a combo box that drops down and shows you all of the functions in the source file. What I'm asking is if it would be possible for this to show macro definitions as well.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 19 2008 : 2:05:48 PM
You may prefer CTRL-I to CTRL-F

Personally I find it much easier / better, since you don't have to type so much, and can immediately see how the find is going.
MrDoomMaster Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 6:20:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

If you place keyboard focus into VA Outline and then start typing the name of the macro, the current item will change as you are typing its text. Not quite the same thing, but this does allow you to quickly locate the item, so long as you know what it is called.

CTRL+F is my friend for now. It isn't perfect, but seeing as how this isn't a really popular feature request I'll have to live with it. I'm not particularly disappointed, since I hardly ever use macros to begin with. The only reason I needed it in this case is because I am searching through WTL library files, which utilizes a lot of macros for message handling.
feline Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 6:17:21 PM
If you place keyboard focus into VA Outline and then start typing the name of the macro, the current item will change as you are typing its text. Not quite the same thing, but this does allow you to quickly locate the item, so long as you know what it is called.
MrDoomMaster Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 3:08:24 PM
The reason why I want them to show up in the context field is because the field reduces in size as you type search letters, eventually allowing me to find the exact macro I want by only using the keyboard. I can't do this with the outline pane (at least that I know of).
feline Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 3:04:04 PM
Have you looked at VA Outline yet? This lists #define's.

The problem with adding these to the alt-m list is where do we stop? Do we then add #include lines? #pragma lines?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000