Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add Access Icons

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swinefeaster Posted - Jan 21 2008 : 7:06:50 PM
Wouldn't it be sweet if each time I hovered over a function, I would get a little icon beside its tooltip showing whether it was public, protected, or private? Same with when I press Alt+G?

:)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
swinefeaster Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 1:10:30 PM
VA *always* produces a menu, even if the function you are on is not overloaded. Really it should switch to h file if in cpp for that function, and vice versa...

And if it is overloaded, you could just not show an access icon, show all access variations, or show a question mark.

cheers,

swine
feline Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 09:22:15 AM
One edge case with this, when a function is overloaded VA does not know which overload you are calling. This is why alt-g often produces a menu, listing several destinations, and asking you to pick one.

Different overloads can have different access states.

Show VA View and hover over the function / class, and you will see the class outline. VA View shows you the access icon for each item. Not quite the same, but this should help.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000