Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Auto ( ) messed up

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MiddleTommy Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 09:38:22 AM
Hi,
when I use VA with vs2008 and I start to type a method then from the intellisense when I select one from the list it auto puts ( ) behind the method. The problem is then it does not show the method parameters.
I usually delete the parenthesis and re type them and the method parameters show back up. This is a possible bug.

If it is not a bug on your part.
Can you make it so We can choose what closing to put.
like if I want closing } ] but not )
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 08:49:38 AM
case=11767 is fixed in build 1721
feline Posted - Jan 23 2008 : 4:53:40 PM
I am seeing the same thing with the tooltip not showing up. This seems to be a C# specific problem, which is why I was not able to reproduce it at first:

case=11767
MiddleTommy Posted - Jan 23 2008 : 09:17:06 AM
Yes they show up but no intellisense for method parameters pops up
I'm using c# 3.0
if you delete the auto inserted parenthesis then type a single parenthesis everything works as expected

try typing
String s;
s.Tri
Then press enter. You will see my problem. () appears just behind the Trim method and all help for that method is off.

sometimes especially static methods auto parenthesis are not entered at all when a method is selected from the list suggestions. I simply have to type ( and then a closing ) appears nicely with intellisense.
feline Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 9:15:03 PM
Are you seeing this problem everywhere? Or only some of the time?

I have just typed "strc" and accepted "strcat" and the round brackets were correctly accepted for me, using VS2008 and VA 1624.
znakeeye Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 09:57:22 AM
I tend to agree here. The parenthesis closing drives me nuts :(

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000