Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VS 2008 IntelliSense

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Feb 09 2008 : 2:44:14 PM
Microsoft bragged that they had improved the IntelliSense engine in VS 2008. That means, we do not have to remove feacp.dll anymore. I have googled the net, and nobody has complained about VS 2008 - yet. Still, I'm experiencing great problems with this IntelliSense-****. 10 seconds lookups here and there simply isn't acceptable when developing!

I read somewhere that there are macros which can turn on/off IntelliSense. Perhaps it would be an idea to include these in VAX? I bet turning it off has other advantages besides giving the control back to the developer :)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jameso Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 03:27:01 AM
Depending on the size of your solution, there are real (painful) problems in VS2008 when integrated with TFS - see http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2518506&SiteID=1

The symptoms for me looked very much like the Intellisense problems in VS2005, except that the ncb wasn't being touched, deleting feacp.dll made no difference, the intellisense macros didn't help etc

No fix yet, but I am holding my breath!

James
mwb1100 Posted - Feb 09 2008 : 4:01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by znakeeye
I read somewhere that there are macros which can turn on/off IntelliSense.

If you want to try the macros: http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2007/11/19/controlling-intellisense-through-macros.aspx

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000