Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 rename for XAML-linked code-behind functions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KoenTanghe Posted - Mar 10 2008 : 06:22:53 AM
Hi,

first, the context of this request is somewhat related to this: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7290

Now, WPF works with 2 files: a .xaml (XAML XML) file and a .xaml.cs (regular C# code).

In the .xaml file, there are event handler entries that point to C# functions in the code-behind file (just quoted strings that contain a function name). What I am really missing, is the "rename" functionality that I am now used to with VA: when I rename a C# function, VA looks for all references to this function and shows where it can replace the old name with the new one. However, it does not show the places in the corresponding .xaml file, so one still needs to go look for it and change it manually.

VA should also check the xaml file for references to that function.
Just finding qouted strings containing the function name is sufficient (I really don't think it is needed to parse and understand the whole xaml code file, just finding any XML attributes that contain the function name should work).

If you want I can send you some example files (C# code-behind + corresponding .xaml XML code).
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 11 2008 : 11:18:41 AM
case=15915
feline Posted - Mar 10 2008 : 11:08:56 AM
A couple of samples would be most helpful Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

I will then put in a feature request for this. This sounds like a fairly simple extension, to simply search in strings in the XMAL files. What about scope? If you are renaming a function "foo()" the same function name can exist in several different classes. VA handles this while scanning code files, but how does this work in the XMAL files?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000