Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Hightlight matching {} - and blink!

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tandr Posted - May 08 2008 : 12:25:49 PM
Hello,

Quite often I need to work on a laptop, and I have hard time to distinguish colors for matched braces, so some additional indication would be helpful. Also, suggestions below would help to people who are colorblind.

I would like to have checkbox "|x| ... and blink" for the following options

1. Highlight matching {} and () using |Green| |x| ... and blink!
2. Highlight mismatching {} and () using |Green| |x| ... and blink!
3. For the automatically inserted {} or () to have the same option, just to indicate that closing brace is actually "virtual" till you press any symbol but Backspace or Delete. As another possible solution is make it "italic".

... or, to generalize it, for any font or color option, to have all these as a general Color/Font Properties box, so it would be possible to select bold, italic, blinking, color, wavy underline, strike-through etc for any of the font elements.

I am not sure if these options are available though regular VS settings.

Thank you very much,
tandr

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 08 2008 : 2:29:44 PM
We are somewhat limited in what we can do to text in the IDE, since the IDE does not know we are changing how the text looks.

Have you considered going into VA Options and simply setting matching and mismatching brackets to a very obvious colour?

I have set the IDE to show operators in Red, and VA to show matching brackets in Black. As a result the highlighted matching brackets are very obvious, since they are clearly a different colour to the other brackets.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000