Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 If-statements

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - May 09 2008 : 10:13:14 AM
90% of the time when I write an if-statement I want to enclose the subsequent lines in the if-block. That means I get upset 90% of the time when I get this type of code:

if (condition) {
foo(); // Present code...
bar(); // ...

yields:

if (condition)
{
}
bar(); // ...

But I want:
if (condition)
{
bar(); // ...
}

Hence, an ingenous solution would be to highlight where the enclosing bracket should be placed, and let the user move it using VK_UP/VK_DOWN and accept using VK_RETURN. Default would be to add it just after the bracket. Thus, I would type this to get what I want:

if (condition) { VK_DOWN VK_DOWN VK_RETURN

An addition would be to analyze if a keyword is placed just after the '{' and then default to "include the next statement" -- eliminating the need for a VK_DOWN.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
znakeeye Posted - May 09 2008 : 4:40:45 PM
True, but requires more work ;P
feline Posted - May 09 2008 : 11:13:37 AM
Select the block of code, and then trigger the correct "if" VA snippet. You will want a snippet like:

if($end$)
{
    $selected$
}

which you should already have in your snippets list. If code is selected when you trigger insert VA Snippet then only snippets that use $selected$ are listed.

You can also just select several lines of code and press '{' to surround them with curly brackets, assuming you have turned on surrounding code.
znakeeye Posted - May 09 2008 : 10:16:50 AM
Of course this would be great to have for all types of code blocks. You simply have to handle the press of the '{'-key!

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000